Trust & Estate Services
Jereme Baker is the owner and Managing Member of Baker Law Group. Mr. Baker has extensive experience in the various practice areas of the firm, namely, Trust and Estates, Family Office and Business Law, Probate Litigation and Administration, and Guardianship/Conservatorship Law.
Real Estate is an ever-changing market and involves substantial investment of time and money from all parties. Baker Law Group has experience representing corporate and individual clients through every step of the purchase process from negotiation to due diligence to closing. Attorneys on our team have assisted with real estate transactions as both general and in-house counsel for local businesses, giving them unique insight into businessowners’ needs and concerns. We have also provided legal guidance to many homebuyers and homeowners regarding various real estate matters. In addition to assisting purchases and sales, we provide a multitude of other real estate services.
We understand the desire to close deals efficiently and economically, but also recognize the importance of protecting you and your investment with thorough, diligent review and advisement. Our advice is designed to help you stay on target with your financial goals while minimizing your risk. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned real estate investor, we have the expertise to meet your legal needs.
Recent Accomplishments: 2018 – 2019
- Advised client regarding a 60 million-dollar redevelopment project in downtown Denver
- Represented buyers in a variety of residential and commercial property purchases extending across the front range, including commercial properties, downtown condominiums, townhomes, residential homes, and unimproved rural land; Negotiated and drafted purchase and sale agreements, performed extensive due diligence review including review of disclosures, Phase I & II ESA reports, zoning, surveys, inspection reports and title commitments, negotiated title policies and endorsements, and prepared and reviewed closing documents
- Assisted private equity clients in acquiring over 30 million dollars’ worth of real estate assets
- Assisted owner of multi-unit commercial property with landlord/tenant matters, including negotiation and drafting of commercial leases, lease assignments, and lease amendments and advisement regarding evictions and settlement negotiations
- Represented a corporate client in a 45 million-dollar commercial real estate development
- Advised client regarding a multi-state opportunity zone real estate investment fund
- Researched and advised clients regarding short-term rental regulations in various jurisdictions
- Advised and assisted real estate investors regarding multimillion-dollar real estate investment funds from the negotiation and drafting phase to the acquisition and operation phases
Below are some of the real estate-related services offered by Baker Law Group:
- Litigating and resolving contractual disputes arising from real estate dealings and quiet title actions
- Assisting with real estate purchases from start to finish
- Drafting and advising regarding real estate documents, including purchase and sale agreements, closing documents, personal representative’s deeds, quit claim deeds, warranty deeds, easements, and rights of way
- Drafting and reviewing residential and commercial leases and evictions, short-term rental agreements, lease amendments, and access lease agreements
- Assisting with partition actions and 1030 exchanges